Altona Kindergarten 2021 Parent Advisory Group
- President – Jordan M.
- Vice President – Bronwyn P.
- Secretary – Maria A.
- Vice Secretary – Olivia M.
- Treasurer – Amber C.
- Vice Treasurer – June W.
- Grants Officer – Kim J.
- Fundraising – Bryah W.
- Fundraising – Stacey W.
- Social Media – Charmaine F.
- General – Katarina P.
- General – Abby B.
- General – Heather P.
- Teacher – Rebecca Camilleri
The Role of the Parent Advisory Group
- Work in partnership with ECMS on kindergarten related issues to ensure a high quality early childhood service.
- The Committee meets according to the number of times specified in its Constitution, usually monthly.
- Manage the kindergarten bank accounts.
- Prepare and manage the kindergarten day to day operational budget and report the financial operations on a monthly basis to the ECMS Early Years Co-ordinator.
- Maintenance and purchasing of equipment. This includes reporting to ECMS new and outstanding maintenance in accordance with relevant agreements with ECMS and Landlord (Council).
- Fundraising for the kindergarten.
- Payments of utilities and day to day operating expenses. Contents Insurance for the kindergarten.
- Facilitate a sense of purpose and community involvement in the centre through the organisation of social and fundraising events.
- Support centre staff in providing quality programs for the children by purchasing of educational equipment with funds raised from fundraising efforts in consultation with staff and ECMS, if required.
- Report to ECMS Management any compliment or issues regarding the delivery of services.
- Enjoy being on your child’s kindergarten committee and working as part of a team while making new friendships.
Let's Work Together!
THE ROLE OF THE PRESIDENT
- To chair Committee Meetings
- To act as the official spokesperson for the kindergarten
- To ensure effective communications between Committee Members, Parents and ECMS
- To ensure the Committee has clear goals
THE ROLE OF VICE-PRESIDENT
- To support President
- Attend meetings if President unable to
THE ROLE OF THE TREASURER
- Day to day banking
- Complete BAS each quarter
- Audit at end of kindergarten financial year – at least 4 weeks prior to AGM
- Ensure all documents are kept for audit (copies are fine)
- If applying for grants, notify the bookkeeper and co-ordinator as most grants need to be acquitted once funding is received
- Committee to provide teachers with a projected budget for consumables, equipment, petty cash, incursions and excursions
- Ensure end of year (November) bank statement and transactions are provided to bookkeeper by end of term 4
- Provide to bookkeeper December / January figures including bank statements and transactions as soon as the January bank statement is received, to enable figures for October – December
- Ensure adequate money in account at end of December to cover operation costs for January and February the following year
ROLE OF VICE-TREASURER
- To support the Treasurer
- Signatory at the Bank for second authorisation
THE ROLE OF THE SECRETARY
- In consultation with the chairperson, prepare the agenda for each monthly committee meeting
- Be responsible for all minute taking
- Write-up and distribute the minutes of the committee meetings to committee members and to the ECMS coordinator within one week of committee meeting
- Provide a report/list of all incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Report and action any correspondence as required
- Act as the kindergarten’s nominated Public Officer for Consumer and Business Affairs documentation
- With 28 days of AGM, submit to Consumer Affairs Victoria an Annual Statement including AGM minutes and audited financial reports
ROLE OF THE GRANTS OFFICER
- In consultation with the committee this person will apply for any relevant grants for the kindergarten
- Will provide updates on grants applications
- Provides information from successful grant applications back to company with how the money has been used
MARKETING / SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
- Responsible for website and Facebook updates
- Responsible for adding blogs to website
- Attend committee meetings
- Undertake activities and roles on sub-committees as requested
- Provide feedback on discussion and resolutions
- A fundraising plan is established ensuring that the general kindergarten population is not overloaded with events and that any money raised is targeted to a purpose
- Fundraising events are managed well and in consultation with the kindergarten committee
- A monthly report/update is presented at each committee meeting
- Money raised is receipted, checked and banked
- Activities are fun for all